Success requires creativity, hard work, and having the right resources to take on each new challenge. At Temple Law Offices, we pride ourselves on being that resource for people and businesses throughout the D.C. metropolitan area and beyond.
Our lawyers bring decades of experience in providing personalized legal advice and courtroom advocacy to our clients. When you’ve tried to resolve a matter amicably but have reached a dead end, we are here to help. We work closely with you, learning about the issues and your goals so that we can tailor our representation to your unique needs.
For plaintiffs involved in a civil litigation matter, the objective is to right a wrong, honor an agreement, or to obtain compensation for an injury. On the other hand, defendants in a civil litigation matter want to aggressively protect their rights in opposing the plaintiff’s claim.
Whether you are a plaintiff or defendant, hiring a qualified civil litigation attorney is crucial in achieving a successful outcome in your case. Our civil litigation attorneys represent plaintiffs and defendants including individuals, partnerships, shareholders and corporations.
Our attorneys work closely with clients to evaluate their potential claims or defenses related to the commercial, professional, employment, personal disputes and more. We represent clients before administrative agencies, alternative dispute resolution proceedings such as mediation or arbitration, jury or court trials in state and federal court as well as proceedings before appellate courts. We help clients prepare their cases and counsel them on steps and procedures involved. A skilled civil litigation attorney can also help clients leverage their negotiating position to reach a beneficial settlement. A negotiated settlement is often the most expedient and cost effective way to resolve many disputes.
If a dispute cannot be resolved through negotiation, pursuing a case in the courts may be the best or only option. In these situations, our civil litigation attorneys will collaborate with experts including investigators, accountants, economic impact analysts, and other relevant professionals in order to achieve a successful outcome.
A small sample of our recent civil litigation cases includes, but is not limited to, the following matters:
- Probate and Trust Disputes, Will and Estate Planning and Administration
- Civil Rights Claims, Human Rights Violations, Police Misconduct
- Collections and Creditor Matters, Fraud Claims
- Construction Matters, Liens, Defect Claims, Change Order and Contract Disputes
- General Contract Disputes, Breach of Contract, Partner/Shareholder Disputes
- Employment Matters, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation and Discrimination Claims
- Insurance Claims, Bad Faith Claims, Insurance Coverage Issues
- Intellectual Property, Trademark and Copyright Infringement
- Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, Assault and Battery, False Imprisonment
- Real Estate Matters, Foreclosure, Mortgage Fraud, Homeowner's Association Disputes
At Temple Law Offices, we take a proactive and aggressive approach to the law, which enables our attorneys to help clients avoid litigation and protect critical resources. Our comprehensive business law services include advising on business formation, negotiating and drafting business contracts, litigating breach of contract claims, and advocating on behalf of businesses in litigation of complex business disputes.
We take our commitment to clients seriously, fighting for the rights and best interests of each business, their employees, and their shareholders. Our team of experienced litigators are diligent and thorough, investing in each case so that businesses can thrive. When your business needs an advocate who can see it through, our attorneys are there to help.
A small sample of our recent transactional and business law cases includes, but is not limited to, the following matters:
- Administrative and Government Licensure, Business Certification
- Business Restructuring, Reorganization, and Succession Planning
- Construction and Land Development Contracts, Contractor Licensing
- Corporate Governance, Director/Officer/Shareholder Disputes
- Real Estate Contracts, Loan Documents, Financial Agreement and Intruments
- Employment Contracts, General Employment Practices, Wage and Hour Compliance
- Formation of Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, and Join Ventures
- General Counsel Services
- Government Audits and Investigations, Insurance Claims and Investigations
- Public Contract and Competitive Bidding Matters